Municipal Lawyers Protecting The Interests Of Government Entities
At Pentiuk, Couvreur & Kobiljak, P.C., our lawyers have decades of extensive experience in municipal law and have represented several local governments and municipalities. We serve as municipal attorneys for several Michigan municipalities. In addition to being the corporation counsel for municipalities, we are often engaged by local governments to serve as special counsel in matters ranging from defending complex class action lawsuits to providing legal opinions in complex municipal law areas and prosecuting criminal matters.
Representing Municipal Entitles In Communities Throughout Michigan
In addition to representing cities, counties and townships, we serve as counsel for:
- Downtown development authorities charged with revitalizing downtown areas in cities across Michigan
- Economic development corporations charged with promoting new enterprises and local business growth
- Brownfield authorities charged with redeveloping polluted and contaminated properties
- Housing commissions with the authority to build, acquire, rehab and operate housing developments
- Planning commissions charged with developing and enforcing zoning and land use regulations
- Zoning boards of appeal that handle disputes originating at the planning commission level
- Public safety commissions in charge of law enforcement, public safety initiatives, and fire and emergency services
- Civil service commissions in charge of developing and enforcing rules, policies and merit systems for civil servants
- Building authorities charged with developing and enforcing fire codes and building codes
- Local drug enforcement programs and task forces such as the Downriver Area Narcotics Operation (DRANO)
- Environmental services agencies charged with operating landfills and wastewater treatment
We also represent interlocal governmental agencies formed under Michigan law.
Professional Credentials That Make A Difference In Your Case
Randall Pentiuk, who heads the firm’s municipal and local government law department, is a recognized leader in the field. He serves as chairman of the Litigation Section of the International Municipal Legal Officers Association, and holds memberships in the Michigan Association of Municipal Attorneys and the Public Corporation Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan, and its equivalent in the American Bar Association.
Whatever your municipal agency needs in the way of sound legal advice or litigation counsel, we are ready to help with experience and knowledge you can count on. Call our office in Wyandotte at 773-435-9064 or use the email contact form to explain your legal matter and request a consultation appointment.