Cooperative Housing Lawyer
We Are Here For You When You Need Us Most
Though there are approximately 1.6 million cooperative housing units across the country, there are very few attorneys outside of New York City who practice cooperative housing law. That is why our firm strives to provide effective, efficient and knowledgeable legal guidance to co-op entities nationwide.
With more than a century of combined experience, our lawyers are established leaders in the field. We have seen almost every legal issue, and can handle any legal problem that your housing cooperative may encounter. Pentiuk, Couvreur & Kobiljak, P.C., is dedicated to meeting your every need, from drafting bylaws and occupancy agreements to dealing with contractors and representing you in litigation.
Our Cooperative Housing Services
Our cooperative housing attorneys serve clients nationwide from our offices in Chicago and greater Detroit. We proudly represent cooperative housing boards in all legal matters, including those that involve:
- Personnel issues, including issues with your employees and with members of the community and evictions
- Property and other management issues, including logistical issues with contractors and vendors
- Accessibility issues and HUD and state anti-discrimination policy compliance
- Establishing, drafting and updating governance policies and bylaws
- Financial transactions, including issues with insurance
- Membership transfers and succession
- Appealing tax burdens and other financial obligations
- Proactively addressing negotiations and litigation on behalf of the board
We take great pride in our responsive service and holistic approach to your matter. Our lawyers understand that your time is valuable, and they will always communicate with you promptly and clearly. We are invested in the future of your cooperative, and we will do our utmost to foster its growth and success.
Let Our Nationwide Attorneys Guide Your Housing Cooperative
In many ways, housing cooperatives represent what modern society has lost: a collaborative environment in which members are allowed to share and strive together. At Pentiuk, Couvreur & Kobiljak, P.C., we are committed to preserving your rights and your community. Contact us to discover how we can help you.