A Legal Team Dedicated To The Complex Practice Of Cooperative Housing Law
With more than a century of combined experience in representing housing cooperatives, the attorneys of Pentiuk, Couvreur & Kobiljak, P.C., have established themselves as a premier housing cooperative law firm.
Our cooperative housing legal team has dedicated itself to building the firm’s national reputation for excellence in the legal counsel, representation and training of our cooperative clients. We represent cooperative housing clients throughout the Midwest from our offices in Wyandotte and Chicago. We also offer consulting services for many other housing cooperatives throughout the United States.
How We Can Assist Your Housing Cooperative
At Pentiuk, Couvreur & Kobiljak, P.C., our attorneys counsel all legal aspects including, but not limited to, the following:
- General Cooperative Litigation
- Medical and Recreational Marijuana
- Drafting Rules and Policies
- Fair Housing and Civil Rights Complaints
- State and Local Tax Appeals
- Management Agent Selections/Transitions
- Board Member Disputes
- Parliamentary Procedure
- Annual and Special Meetings
- Board Training
- Mortgage Refinance
- HUD and State Housing Laws
- Member/Neighbor Disputes
- Derivative Actions and Member/Shareholder Disputes
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Amending Governing Documents
- Drafting and Review Requests for Proposals and Contracts for Professionals and Contractors
- Construction Management Oversight
- Landlord/Tenant Non-Payments and Terminations
- Equity Disputes
- Open Meeting Requirements
- Committee Charges
- Third Party Vendor Contract Review
Our cooperative knowledge of day-to-day operation and the need of housing legal team’s dedication, hard work and determination has built a foundation of trust and established long-term relationships with our cooperative housing clients and their Board of Directors. It is our dedication, hard work, and determination that has allowed us to provide our cooperative clients with results-driven legal representation.
An In-Depth Understanding of Cooperative Housing Law
We are members, trainers, and proud supporters of the Midwest Association of Housing Cooperatives and the National Association of Housing Cooperatives. We are frequent contributors of articles, blogs and training materials for both of these organizations. Our deep understanding of the day-to-day, operational and complex needs that housing cooperatives face enables us to provide the highest level of legal services.
Discuss Your Legal Matter with an Experienced Attorney
Learn how we can assist with your situation. Call our Wyandotte office at 734-281-7100 or our Chicago office at 773-435-6503. Alternatively, you may contact us online.