Condominium And Homeowner Association Lawyers
The attorneys at Pentiuk, Couvreur & Kobiljak, P.C., possess the experience and tested knowledge to provide you all levels of legal service to fully represent you condominium or HOA’s situation. This representation may involve the preparation of the governing documents to create a new association, to the corporate representation of your HOA community, to representing your own personal condominium matter.
Experienced Attorneys Ready To Assist With A Wide Range of Legal Matters
With more than a century of combined experience, our attorneys have represented Condominium and Homeowner Associations and have addressed a multitude of matters which confront associations on a regular basis. This representation may focus upon:
- Corporate governance: We provide services such as drafting and amending an association’s governing and corporate documents. Our lawyers also attend annual, special and monthly meetings. We provide guidance on parliamentary procedure and open meeting requirements.
- Management oversight and leadership transitions: We provide oversight of association management, including management selections. We also assist with transitions and selection of board members, committee members and officers.
- Collections, liens and foreclosures: We help associations pursue legal recourse for collecting unpaid dues, assessments and other debts.
- Developer and associations disputes: We represent associations in disputes with developers.
- Contracts: We advise associations on third-party contracts, vendor contracts and contract-related disputes.
- Insurance and risk management: We provide guidance for associations on insurance coverage, insurance claims and risk management strategies.
- Board training and management oversight: We work with association boards and managers, equipping them with the knowledge and procedures to fulfill their duties.
- Capital planning, mortgage refinance and bankruptcy: Our lawyers assist with the financial aspects of operating an association, including short-term and long-term capital planning. We also help associations pursue bankruptcy when necessary.
- Construction matters: We help draft and review requests for proposals and construction contracts. We also provide construction management oversight.
- Disputes: Our skilled litigation attorneys address disputes involving board members, co-owners/neighbors and other association-related disputes.
- Medical and recreational marijuana: We offer in-depth guidance on this issue in light of recent legal shifts.
- Legislative advocacy: Our lawyers are proactive in pursuing positive legislative developments in the realm of housing association law.
Talk To Our Lawyers About Your Condo Or Homeowners Association
The unique community living presented by Condominium and Homeowner Associations requires attorneys such as those at Pentiuk, Couvreur & Kobiljak, P.C., who have a record of navigating an association board and its residents through learned, tested representation. Contact our attorneys today to help you address all your Condominium and HOA legal needs.