Protecting Your Rights In Labor Law Issues
Our labor lawyers find the right balance between the legal obligations of the employer and the legal rights of the employee. This helps the client to understand the strength and weakness of its position so it can make the most informed decision on moving forward.
This approach also reduces expensive and fruitless litigation saving the client money in the long term.
Our team has experience representing both employers and individuals which places us in the unique position of knowing how to attain the best result with the best legal advice and advocacy in each situation.
Effective Solutions To Resolve Employment Disputes
Whether union or non-union, we are here to resolve the disputes through negotiation, mediation or litigation in the most efficient way possible.
We offer expertise in the following areas:
- EEOC Charges and compliance
- Michigan Department of Civil Right Charges and compliance
- UIA hearings
- COVID 19 issues and compliance
- Sexual harassment
- Workplace discipline
- Whistleblower complaint
- Medical leave, ADA, FMLA
- Internal Investigation of employee complaints
- Labor/Employee Contracts and Severance agreements
- Employee Manual Development and Revision
- Department of Labor Audits/Compliance
- Risk Management
- Pension and Disability Benefits
- Qui tam, Whistleblower and False Claim
- Fair Labor Standards Act Violations
- Wage and Hour Compliance and Claims
- Labor Law Litigation including Collective Bargaining Disputes
- Federal Workplace Compliance and Policies (FMLA, ADA, etc.)
- State Labor Law Claims and Disputes
- Union Certification, Decertification and Accretion Issues
- Employee policies and manuals
- Layoffs and compliance with state and federal laws related thereto
- Pension issues
- NLRB and MERC matters
We regularly represent municipalities and local agencies, as well as small and large businesses.
Legal Advocates For All Types Of Employees
If you are an individual, however, and you believe your rights have been violated by your employer, our employment law attorneys can help.
We represent all types of employees, from salary earners to hourly wage earners. We can help restaurant workers, office workers, medical and dental professionals and more. Contact us today to meet with one of our attorneys to discuss your options.
Employers expect workforce productivity, professionalism and corporate policy compliance while individual employees have an expectation of fair treatment and proper compensation.
Consult With An Experienced Attorney Today
If you are an individual, or employer call the attorneys at Pentiuk, Couvreur & Kobiljak, P.C. at 773-435-6503 to schedule a phone or virtual meeting consultation to connect with an attorney who can help protect your rights. We have offices in Wyandotte, Michigan and Chicago, Illinois.