Labor Law Attorneys Who Understand This Niche Area
Our labor law team guides both public and private entity clients with employment issues to find a balance of legal rights and obligations that works for our clients. This helps build an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses in potential claims before they can become a major issue so our clients can make the most informed decisions to secure the bottom line.
At Pentiuk, Couvreur & Kobiljak, P.C., our team has experience representing both employers and individuals, which places us in the unique position of knowing how to attain positive results with the best legal advice and advocacy in each situation. Whether union or nonunion, we are here to resolve disputes through negotiation, mediation or litigation in the most efficient way possible.
Experience With A Wide Range Of Labor Law Issues
Our legal representation for labor/employment issues covers the following areas and more:
- Discrimination and whistleblower claims, including Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) charges, Michigan Department of Civil Rights (MDCR) charges, other civil rights issues, compliance matters, sexual harassment claims, qui tam claims under the False Claims Act and other whistleblower complaints.
- Unemployment issues, including unemployment insurance appeals and hearings.
- Employment compliance involving issues such as medical leave law, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and COVID-19 issues.
- Employment handbooks, including development, drafting and revisions.
- Workplace discipline policies, procedures and disputes.
- Grievance procedures and internal investigation of employee complaints.
- Contract matters involving employment agreements, collective bargaining agreements, severance agreements, labor agreements, noncompete agreements, nonsolicitation agreements, confidentiality agreements and more.
- Employee benefits such as 401(k)s, pensions, disability benefits and more.
- Wage and hour issues, including compliance and disputes involving minimum wage, employee misclassification, mandatory meal and rest breaks, the Fair Labor Standards Act and related issues.
- Department Of Labor issues, including audits and compliance.
- Litigation involving employment disputes, collective bargaining disputes and other legal disputes.
- Risk management to avoid or minimize costly employment-related litigation.
- Collective bargaining issues such as union certification, decertification and accretion issues as well as matters before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and the Michigan Employment Relations Commission (MERC).
- Layoffs, including compliance with the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act and applicable state laws.
How Can Our Labor Lawyers Assist You?
Learn how we can assist with your labor or employment matter. At our office in Wyandotte, we work with employers and individuals throughout the Midwest. Call our Wyandotte, Michigan, office at 773-435-9064. You may also contact us online.