Protecting Rights in Labor Disputes
Our labor team guides both public and private entity clients with employment issues to find a balance of legal rights and obligations that works for our clients. This helps build an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses in potential claims before they can become a major issue and so our clients can make the most informed decisions to secure the bottom line.
At Pentiuk, Couvreur & Kobiljak, P.C., our team has experience representing both employers and individuals which places us in the unique position of knowing how to attain the best result with the best legal advice and advocacy in each situation. Whether union or non-union, we are here to resolve disputes through negotiation, mediation, or litigation in the most efficient way possible.
Experience With a Wide Range of Legal Issues
Our legal representation for labor/employment issues covers the following areas and more:
- EEOC Charges And Compliance
- Michigan Department Of Civil Right Charges And Compliance
- UIA Hearings
- COVID 19 Issues And Compliance
- Sexual Harassment
- Workplace Discipline
- Whistleblower Complaint
- Medical Leave, ADA, FMLA
- Internal Investigation Of Employee Complaints
- Labor/Employee Contracts And Severance Agreements
- Employee Manual Development And Revision
- Department Of Labor Audits/Compliance
- Risk Management
- Pension And Disability Benefits
- Qui Tam, Whistleblower And False Claim
- Fair Labor Standards Act Violations
- Wage And Hour Compliance And Claims
- Labor Law Litigation Including Collective Bargaining Disputes
- Federal Workplace Compliance And Policies (FMLA, ADA, Etc.)
- State Labor Law Claims And Disputes
- Union Certification, Decertification, And Accretion Issues
- Employee Policies And Manuals
- Layoffs And Compliance With State And Federal Laws Related Thereto
- Pension Issues
- NLRB And MERC Matters
How Can We Assist You?
Learn how we can assist with your employment matter. With offices in Wyandotte and Chicago, we work with employers and individuals throughout the Midwest. Call our Michigan office at 734-281-7100 or our Illinois office at 773-435-6503. You may also contact us online.