Kerry is Of Counsel to Pentiuk, Couvreur & Kobiljak, P.C. His chief areas of practice involve municipal law, employment discrimination, civil rights, labor law litigation, environmental law, educational policy and federal firearms law. Kerry has extensive experience in matter related to labor law, where he has worked zealously with municipal and business clients to resolve disputes.
In addition to advising parents on their rights in connection with the home education of their children, Kerry has also written a number of thought-provoking articles in the areas of natural law and unalienable rights. He completed an extensive legal review of religious liberty principles and Supreme Court cases titled, Unalienable Rights, Equality and the Free Exercise of Religion. In 1997, University Press of America published his book, Real Choice, Real Freedom in American Education, a scholarly work that articulates the legal and Constitutional case for parental rights and against governmental control of American Education. Kerry also engages in pro-bono work by advising parents on their rights in connection with the home education of their children.
Prior to his current legal affiliation, he served as an Attorney-Advisor with the United States Commission on Civil Rights in Washington, D.C. he also served as the Director of the U.S. Bicentennial Project for Regent University.
Primary Practice Areas
- Labor Law
- Municipal Law
- Trial And Appellate Advocacy
- Business Law
- Detroit College of Law, Detroit, Michigan
- Regent University, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- M.A. - 1985
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Public Policy
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- B.A. - 1977
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Michigan, 1981
- Virginia, 1993
- District of Columbia, 1990
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1981
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1986
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1986
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan
- Virginia State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- License, Federal Firearms, 1991-2003
- Adjunct Professor, Business Law, William Tyndale College, Farmington Hills, Michigan, 1995 to 2002
- Michigan “Super Lawyer” – An honor given to fewer than five percent of the states’ most respected attorneys.
- Martindale Hubble “Client Champion” – An honor recognizing those attorneys who excel at service as affirmed by their clients.
- Of Counsel