Attorneys Who Protect Your Civil Rights
In today’s complex legal environment, it is commonplace for individuals, businesses and municipal entities to become involved in civil rights litigation, either as plaintiffs or defendants. That is why you need Pentiuk, Couvreur & Kobiljak, P.C.
Attorney Kerry Morgan of our firm is a nationally recognized legal professional in civil rights. He has written and lectured widely throughout the Midwest on the subject and is a former attorney – adviser to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights.
Our civil rights lawyers have significant state and federal experience litigating on behalf of clients in civil rights matters, including cases that have reached the U.S. Supreme Court.
Pentiuk, Couvreur & Kobiljak, P.C.‘s expertise in this area extends to the following:
- Claims and investigations by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Justice and the Michigan Civil Rights Commission, HUD, and both the Michigan and U.S. Department of Labor
- Claims of discrimination based on protected classes, such as age, sex and gender, race, color, marital status, height, weight, religion and national origin. We have special expertise in the area of affirmative action in the employment and education areas
- Litigate Title VII and constitutional claims
- Privacy rights claims such as those brought under HIPAA and the federal student privacy rights laws
- Parental rights such as home schooling of children