Employment Law Knowledge And Experience

Employment Cases

We apply our experience in matters involving employment law and litigation, as well. Whether you are a business needing assistance with employment issues, or an employee facing unfair labor practices, wage issues, or a violation of your rights in the workplace, we are ready to protect your rights.

Transactional matters and legal counsel for employers:

  • Draft, litigate, and defend employment policies based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and their state statutory counterparts
  • Collective bargaining contract negotiations and administration
  • Union certification, decertification, and accretion issues
  • Employee policies and manuals
  • ADA and FMLA Policies
  • Severance packages and agreements
  • Layoffs and compliance with state and federal laws related thereto
  • Pension issues
  • NLRB matters

Employment dispute resolution and litigation, plaintiff and defense:

  • Grievances, arbitrations, mediations and facilitations, including Act 312 arbitrations
  • Employee retention, discipline, and discharge
  • Police trial board hearings
  • Public Safety Commission proceedings
  • Promotional and hiring procedures and challenges
  • Unemployment compensation cases
  • Discrimination charges and investigations by the EEOC, the Department of Justice, and the Michigan Department of Civil Rights
  • Sexual harassment training and investigations
  • Wrongful discharge lawsuits
  • Actions brought under the Michigan Elliott - Larson Civil Rights Act, the Federal Fair Housing Act Amendments, and similar civil rights statutes including state and federal Whistleblowers statutes
  • Civil Service matters, including Veterans Preference Act issues

A Note To Terminated Employees
If you have been fired, we will obtain your employment file and draft a letter to your former employer demanding relief at a flat fee rate.

Contact Us

Call us at 734-407-7193 in Wyandotte or our Chicago office at 773-435-9064, or send an email with a brief description of your circumstances.