Employment Law Knowledge: Our knowledge And Experience Will Lead The Way

Are You Facing A Complex Employment Case?

Whether you are a business needing assistance with employment issues, or an employee facing unfair labor practices, wage issues or a violation of your rights in the workplace, we are ready to protect your rights. We apply our experience in matters involving employment law and litigation, to the fullest extent as trusted advocates.

At Pentiuk, Couvreur & Kobiljak, P.C., our lawyers have the experience to handle transactional matters and legal counsel for every type of employer:

  • Draft, litigate and defend employment policies based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and their state statutory counterparts
  • Collective bargaining contract negotiations and administration
  • Union certification, decertification and accretion issues
  • Employee policies and manuals
  • ADA and FMLA Policies
  • Severance packages and agreements
  • Layoffs and compliance with state and federal laws related thereto
  • Pension issues
  • NLRB matters

Employment dispute resolution and litigation:

  • Grievances, arbitrations, mediations and facilitations, including Act 312 arbitrations
  • Employee retention, discipline and discharge
  • Police trial board hearings
  • Public Safety Commission proceedings
  • Promotional and hiring procedures and challenges
  • Unemployment compensation cases
  • Discrimination charges and investigations by the EEOC, the Department of Justice and the Michigan Department of Civil Rights
  • Sexual harassment training and investigations
  • Wrongful discharge lawsuits
  • Actions brought under the Michigan Elliott – Larson Civil Rights Act, the Federal Fair Housing Act amendments and similar civil rights statutes, including state and federal whistleblowers statutes
  • Civil service matters, including Veterans’ Preference Act issues

You Can Reach Our Firm Today

Call us at 734-281-7100 in Wyandotte or our Chicago office at 773-435-6503, or send an email with a brief description of your circumstances.